year (plural: years)
- (time): The time it takes the Earth to complete one revolution of the Sun (between 365.24 to 365.26 days depending on the point of reference).
- We moved to this town a year ago.
- I quit smoking exactly one year ago.
- (by extension) The time it takes for any planetary body to make one revolution around another body.
- Mars goes around the sun once in a Martian year, or 1.88 Earth years.
- A period between set dates that mark a year, from January 1 to December 31 by the Gregorian calendar.
- A normal year has 365 full days, but there are 366 days in a leap year.
- I was born in the year 1950.
- This Chinese year is the year of the Rooster.
- A scheduled part of a calendar year spent in a specific activity.
- During this school year I have to get up at 6:30 to catch the bus.
- (science) A Julian year, exactly 365.25 days, represented by "a".
- A level or grade in school or college.
- Every second-year student must select an area of specialization.
- The exams in year 12 at high school are the most difficult.
- (one revolution of the Sun by the Earth): twelvemonth
- (time to make one revolution by any body): anomalistic year, Gaussian year, sidereal year, tropical year
- (period between set dates): calendar year, civil year, legal year
4 letters in word "year": A E R Y.
Anagrams of year:
Words found within year: